These are done with one yard of flannel fabric on each side (so two yards per blanket). I got my fabric at JoAnn's when it was half off (which it is quite often, so don't go pay full price!). That made each blanket back/front together around $7.00.
1. Wash and iron your fabric.
2. Pin them back-to-back, cut off any excess around the edges that doesn't match up.
3. Stitch all the way around, except for a tiny edge (maybe 6 inches?) so you can flip the blanket inside-out.
4. Flip the blanket inside-out, then press the edges flat.
5. Topstitch around the whole thing, making sure to stitch the hole you left undone.
6. Do a second row of topstitching if you want--you don't even have to do this if you don't want to, I just like how the double-line looks.
7. That's it! Each of these took me probably a half hour to sew. That doesn't include cutting/ironing time, which was probably a total of about another 15-30 minutes per blanket. So each one takes an hour, tops. Probably less.
Now give them for baby gifts, or keep them to wrap your own sweet baby in!