Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Cupcake Apron

I don't have a tutorial for this...but I could make a tutorial if anyone was interested?
This is the final apron in my apron-making-trilogy for the holidays. My mom's birthday is this coming Monday, and she has been admiring this fabric from Hobby Lobby...so I decided I was going to make her an apron out of it. :)
My husband (who, by the way, is taking the GRE today so wish him luck!!!) says it looks like a Strawberry Shortcake apron...which I hadn't even thought about... :S
I guess between the polka dot edging/ties and the cupcake pockets...it does sort of have a Strawberry Shortcake "feel" to it...but I swear that was not my intention.
Notice the snowflakes on the cupcakes? It's CHRISTMAS fabric, I tell you! CHRISTMAS!!! (Do you think my mom will mind that she looks like Strawberry Shortcake?) Maybe I should make her a matching hat to go with her apron:

For some more holiday inspiration, check out these other holiday posts on Craft Rookie:


6 comments:

collettakay said...

I love it! It does kinda look like Strawberry Shortcake though. Maybe that is why your mom liked it so much.

I think you should definitely make her a hat! That would be too funny. Cute, too!

Kristin @ wRIte iT DOwN said...

So cute! Great job:D

Jared and Delia said...

Your best apron yet! So cute! How did you get your cupcake tops to not fray?

Wes and Dani said...

Hey Delia,

I just zig-zagged around the cupcake a few times. I'm hoping this will keep it from fraying too bad. I may even put some of that Fray-Ease stuff around the top of the muffin just for some extra hold. I figure if it frays a little, it's no big deal--it will still look cute. :)

Tara said...

HI Girly!! SO - I finally got the "Temple Craft" update...on my blog! Check it out and let me know if yer "IN"! Laters, Tara

Megan said...

I would love to see a tutorial for this!