Friday, December 10, 2010

Homemade Cloth Napkins

I found these cute napkin rings a while back, and I've been keeping an eye out for the perfect napkins to go with them. Finally, I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands:
Just three more to go and I'll have a cheery set of eight.

I didn't take photos step-by-step on these, because they are super-self explanatory: I just bought some fabric (approximately 2 1/8 yards) and cut it into 18x18 inch squares. I think standard cloth napkin size is 19 inches, but 18 worked better for me.

Anyway, then I bought Extra Wide Double-Fold Bias Tape, and went to town. It took more than I expected, though (which is why they aren't done--I need to go buy some more bias tape). So far on those five napkins I used 3 packages of bias tape. I figure I'll need two more packages to finish the last three napkins.

Cute and easy project, right? Now i just need to find the perfect tablecloth to coordinate with it all.

No comments: