Monday, November 30, 2009

Personalized Baby Blanket

My cyber-friend Jessica is having a baby in the next couple of weeks, and his name is going to be Hendrix. :) I can't wait to see pictures of him--the ultrasound tech told her that they could already see a full head of hair on him on the sonogram! Craziness! Jess had some trouble getting pregnant, so Hendrix is especially exciting. :) Here are some pics of the baby blanket I made for him. :)

I went about this blanket a little bit differently than you might expect. I sewed the batting onto the front portion, then used my machine to stitch diagonal lines in the quilt top. Then I sewed on the back portion, and added the satin quilt binding. Can I just tell you how happy I am that I bought binding instead of trying to create my own? It was SO easy to just stitch on that edging instead of trying to make it all even everywhere. I hand-stitched his name onto a piece of the cloth that matched the back of the quilt, and sewed it onto a corner of the binding, just for some added personalization.Your mommy can't wait to meet you, Hendrix! She hopes you come soon! She loves you, but she wants her bladder back. :)

4 comments:

Brittanie said...

I LOVE the hand stiched name you did! As if making a quilt wasn't enough of a personal gift, that little extra touch just seals the deal. It's perfect!

Jessica said...

ok, my name is Jessica and I have an 8 month old named Hendrix. That is so weird- I have never heard of anyone else using that name!

Anyway, beautiful blanket, and I enjoy your blog :)

Jackie S. said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!! :0) I love your blanket, but especially LOVE that you made his name. I am making my son a quilt and think I am going to add his name to it somehow.

Jessica said...

It is the most wonderful blanket ever and made me CRY!!!
Love it!
You're the best! Thanks again!