Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pottery Barn Lampshade Look-Alike Tutorial

My friend Eliza texted me the other day and asked if I would help her with an idea she had for a lampshade. Using these photos as inspiration, we went to town today making her her very own flower garden lampshade!Pictures courtesy of potterybarn.com and anthropologie.com

This is what her lampshade looked like before:
We cut out the shapes we liked (using felt) and did some stitching on things like the leaves and some of the flowers:
When we had all the flowers and leaves we needed, we started arranging them and spacing them in the order we wanted them to be on the lamp (notice the M&M's we were eating as brainfood...):
Then we hot-glued each felt flower and leaf on exactly how we wanted it:
Until, VOILA! It was done!
And it looks AWESOME!!!! I'm so jealous of it I may call her back over to help me make one for my living room. Thanks for a great crafty afternoon, Eliza!

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy late birthday, and what a fun lampshade! I want one now too!

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

I like yours even better than the inspiration photos!!

Robyn and Blake said...

Very cute! I want one too.

Shane and Chelsea Elton said...

Gasp, I love it!!! I agree with the above comments, I like it better than the inspiration ones!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I have cream shades I want to do this to!!! How did you do the vines??

The Morrisseys said...

LOVE IT!!!

Angie said...

love it!!

Wes and Dani said...

Superman, the vines were done with yarn. I used spray adhesive fabric glue and we sprayed the yarn then stuck it on how we wanted. :)

PeaceLoveApplesauce said...

This is so, so beautiful!!

Pamela said...

Wow...what a fun shade--perfect for the red lamp. I linked to you so I don't miss any of your projects!

Ron Mylar said...

Craft Rookie is just like the flower garden for your living room and We cut out the shapes we liked. I like your inspiration.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Love this! It turned out great!

ProudArmyWife21 said...

I am a new follower :)

Happy Thanksgiving

love your posts so far