Monday, August 2, 2010

Decorating With Maps & Globes

If you've been paying attention to some of the new design trends that are big right now, you may have seen a few of these photos around the blogosphere:
And you know that globes/maps are "In."

Well it just so happens that I picked this up at Goodwill this weekend:
It's okay to be jealous. (It's also okay to not care. :))

I have big plans for our apartment in Madison. I'm picturing great things for our second bedroom/office.

PS I also ran across this little $2.00 gem:
Which I picked up because it reminded me of this vase from my idea book I talked about in THIS post:
Awesome. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that you share your goodwill finds! I found a globe lamp (there is a light inside the globe) at DI once. every person I passed as I continued to browse would ask me about it! It's technically my husbands (I gave him "the world" for our anniversary) but maybe he will let me borrow it for my decor...

Scrappy Gifts said...

Great find! Can't wait to see what you make with them. How fun especially to find something from your inspiration book.
Gave you a blog award at my craft blog here: http://craftymommydiva.blogspot.com/2010/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html